In 2019 we sold 13,928 Parmigiana’s this is how our Head Chef Wayne did it.
Serves 2 | Prep time: 20mins | Cook time: 20-30mins
What you’ll need –
- 2 x Chicken breasts
- 2 x egg whisked
- 200g bread crumbs
- 200g plain flour
- Sliced or shaved ham of your choosing
- Pasta sauce
- Shredded mozzarella
What you need to do –
- Pre heat oven to 180 – 220 degrees
- Butterfly chicken breast so the breast is an even thickness *be careful not to cut all the way all the way in half just so you can lay breast flat
- Have your flour, eggs (*adding in a touch of milk or water to make slightly thinner) and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls
- Add salt and pepper to the flour for seasoning
- First place the chicken into the flour and evenly coat *tapping off any excess flour, then dip chicken into egg mixture making sure the chicken breast in completely covered, and lastly coat chicken in the breadcrumb mix being careful not to knock off any of the crumb mixture when removing from bowl.
- In a shallow frying pan place a small amount of oil *be careful not to get the oil to hot as it will burn the crumbs before cooking the chicken
- Carefully place the chicken in the frying pan allowing it to cook until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Once this is completed place cooked chicken on a baking paper lined tray
- On the cooked chicken place your ham, then pasta sauce and lastly the cheese * we like to have 1 slice of ham and to coat to chicken with just enough pasta sauce and cheese to coat the chicken breast but you may wish to add more
- Place your oven tray into your pre-heated oven
- Cook until cheese is golden brown
Serve with sides of your choosing. In our books, you can’t go wrong with chips and a side of fresh salad.
Serving your Parmigiana with a side salad? Try our Lemon Pepper dressing recipe!
Lemon Pepper Dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp honey
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Juice the lemon into a bowl
- Add the honey, mustard and oil to the lemon juice and stir
- It’s all about your personal taste how much pepper you add, we like about 3 cracks from our pepper mill
- Lightly dress the salad just prior to eating